Friday, May 23, 2008

Bonnie's Lemon Jello Cake


Bonnie's Lemon Jello Cake

So this week we had some birthdays in the office. My bosses wife being a kind and fantastic baker made a quick cake to celebrate for one of the co-workers. This woman is known for bringing in the best (I'm serious i mean THE BEST) home made gingersnap cookies any of us have ever had. She's created epics like her chocolate chip zucchini bread. Well this lemon cake is pretty tasty too, and the best part is it's super easy using basically a box cake (or you can substitute your own cake mix recipe. I have a yellow one i like to use) and some jello and lemons.
It was super moist and the glaze on top was delicious. Each bite had quite a bit of that lemony flavor. It was almost like eating a lemon meringue pie in cake form.

Ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix

3 oz package (small) lemon J-ello

1 1/3 cup water

½ cup oil

4 eggs

Mix, bake in greased pan 350 degrees 35-40 minutes

Poke cake w/ fork

Pour glaze over. Refrigerate.

Glaze

Zest 1 lemon

Juice 1-2 lemons

Powdered sugar

5 comments:

carmachu said...

Looks great kiddo. I'll have to try it soon.

enza said...

I know you won't believe it I found jello in an asian market near home!
and next step will be this!

Angel said...

This cake is super moist I think it tastes just as good with orange instead of lemon!

Unknown said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details. (Click on my name in the message header link to visit our blog. :)

T’s Treats said...

They look fantastic!! I am so jealous I didnt get to try this. AM sooo proud of you they look amazing!!