I put it together when I had my pumpkin pie in the oven baking. Its a very quick and easy pie to put together. I did it under thirty minutes.
Evil Evil Evil Pie!!!
1 large ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust (the small ones won't hold it all...Keebler makes a larger one)
1 cube (is that a cup?) cream cheese (I know...you can already tell this is going to be good...)
3-4 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 baskets of fresh strawberries, cleaned and chunked (sliced at random angles so it's chunkier rather than evenly/thinly sliced...keeps them from getting soft and soggy)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
This is so easy... In a bowl, use an electric mixer to mix cream cheese with lemon juice and 4Tbsp granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture evenly on pie crust (it's cool because this also keeps the crust from falling apart so much when you serve the pie). Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream with the 6 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until it forms peaks. Mix the strawberries into the cream. Spoon this mixture into the pie crust.
EAT IT NOW!!! Okay, it's probably better to resist for a couple of hours and chill it and it will stay together better, but you could eat it now if you just can't wait! I saved a piece of this for a couple of days and it was still amazing. It didn't get all soggy and gooey.
Here is the Recipe for the Pumpkin Pie I posted for Apples & Thyme:
- ¾ cup (180g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces - 425g) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces - 350ml) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked nine inch pie shell
- whipped cream
- NOTE: 1¾ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210c)
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in pumpkin and sugar spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425°F (210c) for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180c) 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center come out clean. Cool on wire rack 2 hours.
- Let cool and serve.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
Notes and tips
Before you bake. Make the batter ahead, if you wish, but pour it into the pie shell just before baking to keep the crust crisp.
During baking. The baking instructions start with a high oven temperature, then direct you to reduce the heat partway through baking. This is an important step which allows the crust time to crisp.
Is it done? Insert a knife near the center of the pie to test for doneness, as the center will still cook after you take the pie out of the oven.