Saturday, August 27, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan-picture heavy post

After getting my new fryer I decided to make some Eggplant Parmesan.
This is the way I do it. It might not be the "correct" way but it turns out very tasty.

This is the Ingredients we'll be using.
One medium sized eggplant, a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, Italian panko crumbs an onion, mushroom, some peppers and celery. You can do this without the extra veggie's I just really like the texture they add.

First chopped up all the veggie's into small pieces and set them aside. While I'm doing this I have the fryer heating up.Then slice the eggplant into little medallions chopping it up.
I made an egg mix of three eggs and some milk whipped it and then you cover the eggplant with the egg mixture.

Then in a separate container i mixed panko crumbs a bunch of Parmesan cheese and about a quarter cup of flour. You put the eggplant from the egg mixture into the crumbs turning it so it is well covered.
Then set it flat on a pan lined with paper towel.



I let them sit a moment so the egg mixture kind of dries on them with the crumbs. Then you fry them in the fryer or a pan of oil till dark golden brown. At this point i set the oven preheating to 350.
hmmm fryed eggplant is yummy. I could eat these just with some fry sauce lol

Take the paper towel out of the pan and lay the eggplant medallions flat. Cover them with the chopped vegetables.

Once you have the chopped veggie's liberally covering, cover that mix with some more Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper to taste. Once seasoned pour the spaghetti sauce over the top of that.


I added more Parmesan on top of the sauce cause my husband is a cheese fiend.

I then added liberal covering of cheddar cheese to the top and baked it for 30 minutes in the oven.

Once finished you have a savory, gooey, crispy, cheesy dish.

Very tasty and filling.

2 comments:

Bou Shin said...

I don't really eat eggplant - but this looks absolutely delicious! ^^ I can't wait to see more.

Alice Osborne & Jeanne Wolfley said...

Hi Angel, I’m Alice Osborne. My dear friend, Jeanne Wolfley and I are co-authors of www.makingfamilydinnerhourpossible.blogspot.com and co-editors of the new cooking magazine, Cook’n. We like your blog very much and applaud the influence you’re having on other young moms out there. Way to go!

We are writing to invite you to contribute to this wonderful international, reader-based magazine. The first edition hits all the major bookstores and online, etc. in May. When we say it's reader-based, we mean it. It's not about us, it's about YOU, YOUR recipes, YOUR ideas, etc. We’d like you to submit a favorite recipe or two on the topics of quick and easy meals, strawberries, and ice cream sandwiches and cakes. You'll receive full credit, we'll include a link to your blog, and we'll send you a copy of the magazine as well. If you'd like to see the quality of magazine this will be, just go to www.northridgepublishing.com. We so hope you'll join us in creating the best cooking magazine ever, and we'll watch for your submission(s)! Just send them to aliceanne1949@comcast.net.

And thanks so much!
Your fans, Alice & Jeanne