Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cute Finds

So exploring the dollar store and local Asian market I found some cute finds for my growing bento obsession/ collection.
I was so excited too, although after a bit of a row with the owner of the Asian market who didn't speak English very well and was trying to force me to buy an item that another woman had knocked off the shelf and broke, because I took the time to point it out to him, I don't think I'll be returning to this particular place.


I got this very cute afternoon tea bento set. It includes bag, single tier bento with divider, and a fork in matching fork case. Its super duper cute!! Some onigiri seaweed wraps pre-cut in the right size, some cute wooden picks, yun yuns (sooo tasty), some Tupperware containers soon to be used as bentos, chopsticks, Panda bear treats, and instant miso soup packets.

Here is a close up of the bento, and the cute wooden picks.


All in all quite a successful set of finds. Also from this place I got my mom a cute green bento that has little removable cubbys in it to separate the food, and a matching bento bag. I will try to get pictures of that one this week too.

3 comments:

T’s Treats said...

YUN YUNS!!!!! MMMM!!!! sooo cute, but where or where are the BBM post???? I keep checking hahaha Miss you!!!

Angel said...

BBM post is finished but stupid Blogspot keeps giving me an error and won't let me post it. The Bastards.

FoodAllergyMom said...

You are the second person I have heard say they got bento boxes at the dollar store. I keep checking mine but they don't have any. I'm sad :(
Do you know of any online resources for bento boxes that are fairly inexpensive?